In this tutorial I am explain you, how you can create animated GIF banner using Adobe Photoshop.
- Graphics Interchange Format (GIF)
- Gif Image file is Platform independent.
- Gif is an 8 bit format which means the maximum number of colours supported by the format is 256.
- Gif Support transparency.
- You typically use a gif for simple logos, icons,banners or symbols.
- Using a gif for photos is not recommended, because gifs are limited to 256 colors.
- Gif files also support a feature called interlacing, which preloads the graphic.
This is very simple and useful banner advertisements tutorial, you can present more information in single GIF image. Just follow the steps below, and design your own animated banners.
Photoshop -> File create new page according to your requirement.
Design few Layers, what you want to use in your animated GIF file.
Press F7 to view this Layers widget option.
For apply animation effect. Just go to top menu Window and launch Animation try with Adobe Photoshop CS4.
Animation frames appers like this, by default it will take top layer image.
By clicking on time you can set the animation frame timing in seconds.
For creating second layer, you can duplicate existing layer.
Select second layer
Enable second layer image visible for second frame and hide previous frame visiblity.
You can follow the same for all frames, if you want to increase the frame timing click on the frame and follow step 5.
For repeating this animation just change Once to Forever Animation
The final step save image into GIF formate. Go to File and launch Save for Web & Devices
Select the GIF formate and save done.
Hope you like it, Thanks!