As you all are familiar with web pages and websites, do you know how these pages are created and displayed? Who started developing HTML language for sharing information on the World Wide Web (WWW)? In this lesson and further lessons, you will know the answers to all these questions and learn the skills required to create a web page.
What is HTML?
HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is the only markup language for creating web pages. It provides some titles, headings, paragraphs, lists, tables, embedded images, etc., to describe the structure of text-based and multimedia information in HTML documents.
Here is some key information to easily describe HTML:
- HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is a language for publishing text-based and multimedia information on the World Wide Web.
- HTML is a straightforward Computer Coding Language. It was developed in the 90s. HTML is the basis of a web page, and the web page is the basis of a website. HTML uses 'tags' to create web documents.
- HTML is a hypertext markup language; It is a predetermined set of markup tags used to design web pages.
- HTML is relatively easy to learn because every tag is predefined, so only we need to know the work of tags and their attributes.
- Web browsers (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and other web browsers) are software' to read HTML and display web page design as output.
- You can write HTML in any simple editor such as Notepad. And other software such as Adobe Dreamweaver, Sublime, NetBeans, Notepad ++, etc., are mainly used for writing and editing HTML.
- ".html" or ".htm" are the two extensions used to write and save HTML files; we can write HTML code in any text editor and save it as "filename.html" or "filename.htm".