As you all are familiar with web pages and websites, do you know how these pages are created and displayed? Who started developing HTML language for sharing information on the World Wide Web (WWW)? In this chapter and further chapters, you will be learning about all these queries along with the skill of creating your webpage.
What is HTML?
HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is the only markup language for creating web pages. It provides some titles, headings, paragraphs, lists, tables, embedded images, etc. to describe the structure of text-based and multimedia information in HTML documents.
- HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is a language for publishing text-based and multimedia information on the World Wide Web.
- HTML is a straightforward Computer Coding Language. It was developed in the 90s. HTML is the basis of a web page, and the web page is the basis of a website. HTML uses 'tags' to create web documents.
- HTML is a Hypertext Markup Language; it's a Predominant set of Markup tags used to create the design of web pages.
- HTML is relatively easy to learn because every tag is predefined, so only we need to know the work of tags and its attributes.
- Web browsers (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and other web browsers) are software' to read HTML and display web page design as output.
- You can write HTML in any simple editor like Notepad, Adobe Dreamweaver, Sublime, etc. are primarily used for writing and editing HTML.
- .html or .htm are extensions used to write HTML files; we can write HTML code in any editor and save it as filename.html or filename.htm.