Laravel is a PHP based web framework for building high-end web applications using its significant and graceful syntaxes. It comes with a robust collection of tools and provides application architecture. Moreover, it includes various characteristics of technologies like ASP.NET MVC, CodeIgniter, Ruby on Rails, and a lot more. This framework is an open-source framework. It facilitates developers by saving huge time and helps reduce thinking and planning to develop the entire website from scratch.
Along with that, the security of the application is also Laravel take care of. Hence all its features can boost the web development pace for you. If anyone is familiar with the basics of PHP along with some intermediate PHP scripting, then Laravel can craft your work more efficiently.
The current version of Laravel is 5.5.0, which is a stable release, released on 30 August 2017. And anyone can check its open-source GitHub repository from this link below:
Some Facts About Laravel
- Taylor Otwell developed Laravel in July 2011, and it was released more than five years after the release of the Codeigniter.
- Laravel is a PHP based web-framework like Codeigniter.
- Laravel is one of the open-source PHP frameworks.
- Laravel follows the model-view-controller (MVC) architectural pattern.
- Laravel is one of the most popular PHP frameworks after Codeigniter.
Features of Laravel
Some essential features provided by Laravel are:
- Routing controllers
- Configuration management
- Authentication and authorization of users
- ORM (Object Relational Mapper) features
- Provides template engine
- Building schemas
- E-mailing facilities