There are a lot of object-oriented programming (OOP) languages on the market, and C # is one of the purest forms of the OOP language. C# is a Dot Net Framework's programming language. This language was designed for both professionals and newbie programmers to start learning and implementing it.
What is C#?
C# comes under internationally accepted general-purpose, high level, an object-oriented programming language developed by the Microsoft Corporation and approved by the International Standards Organization (ISO) and the European Computer Manufacturers Association (ECMA) to be considered as a standard and professionally used programming language. Anders Hejlsberg was involved as the lead developer who developed it when the Dot Net Framework was created.
C# was designed for complex computational logic and was mainly designed for Command Line Interface (CLI) that deals with executable code in a runtime environment. The term C# is pronounced as C-Sharp, which runs on Dot Net Framework. The latest version of C# is C# 7.0.
Types of C# Applications
C# helps developers build diverse types of applications, which is why the popularity of this programming language went high. Different types of applications that can be developed using C# are:
- Web applications.
- Window applications.
- Other Desktop software.
- Distributed applications.
- Database programs.
- Hardware-level programming.
- Virus and Malware.
- GUI based applications.
Features of C#
There are various features of C#, which makes the programming language different and widely used. These are:
- Learning C# is very easy.
- It is a general-purpose, easy integrating programming language.
- It is a highly structured programming language.
- Object-oriented concepts can be implemented efficiently using this language.
- It is platform-independent, which means the programs written in C# can be executed in a variety of computing environments.
- Efficient programming can be done using this language.
- It is a high-level programming language.
- GUI applications can be developed very easily using this language.
Programming Features of C#
Other reasons why programming in C# language is so reliable and popular are:
- It deals with automatic garbage collections.
- It has a lot of standard libraries.
- Some properties and events can make programming smarter.
- Delegates and concepts of event management can also help in making the language strong.
- It supports Multi-threading.
- It has the concepts of Indexers.
- Generic concepts are easy to use in C#.
- It provides LINQ and Lambda expressions.