There are many object-oriented programming (OOP) languages on the market, and C# is one of the purest forms of the OOP language. C# is a Dot Net Framework's programming language. This language was designed for both professionals and newbie programmers to start learning and implementing it.
What Is C#?
C# falls under the internationally accepted general-purpose, high-level, object-oriented programming language developed by Microsoft Corporation. This standard and professionally used programming language is approved by the International Standards Organization (ISO) and the European Computer Manufacturers Association (ECMA). At the time of the creation of the dot net framework, Anders Hejlsberg was involved as the lead developer who developed it.
C# was designed for complex computational logic and was primarily designed for Command Line Interface (CLI) that deals with code execution in a runtime environment. The term C# is pronounced as C-Sharp, which runs on the Dot Net Framework.
Types of C# Applications
The C# helps developers build a wide variety of applications, which is why this programming language gained more popularity. There are different types of applications that can be developed using C#. These are:
- Web applications.
- Window applications.
- Other Desktop software.
- Distributed applications.
- Database programs.
- Hardware-level programming.
- Virus and Malware.
- GUI based applications.
Features of C#
C# has various features that make the programming language different from the others. These are:
- Learning C# is very easy.
- It is a general-purpose, easy integrating programming language.
- It is a highly structured programming language.
- Object-oriented concepts can be implemented efficiently using this language.
- It is platform-independent, which means the programs written in C# can be executed in various computing environments.
- Efficient programming can be done using this language.
- It is a high-level programming language.
- GUI applications can be developed very easily using this language.
Programming Features of C#
Other reasons why programming in the C# language is so reliable and popular are:
- It deals with automatic garbage collections.
- It has a lot of standard libraries.
- Some properties and events can make programming smarter.
- Delegates and concepts of event management can also help in making the language strong.
- It supports Multi-threading.
- It has the concepts of Indexers.
- Generic concepts are easy to use in C#.
- It provides LINQ and Lambda expressions.