What is JSON?
- JSON format was invented by Douglas Crockford.
- JSON is a lightweight text-data interchange format.
- JSON is not a programming language.
- XML is alternative to JSON. However, JSON objects have several advantages instead of XML.
- JSON media type is application/json and file extension is .json.
Features of JSON
- JSON is Scalable. Because of language independent, it works with most of the modern programming language.
- JSON is lightweight.
- JSON is easy to read and write.
- JSON is a text-based, human-readable data exchange format.
What you can Do With JSON
- JSON is mainly used to transmit data between server and web application.
- Currently, NoSQL database is also using JSON to for storing information.