PHP 8.0.0 is a major update of the PHP language released on November 26, 2020. As announced by the PHP development team, this version update includes several new additional features and optimizations, including named arguments, union types, attributes, constructor property promotion, match expression, nullsafe operator, JIT, improvements in the type system, error handling, and consistency.
PHP 8.0.0 Downloads
The PHP development team has announced the immediate availability of PHP 8.0.0, and its stable update is available on the PHP download page.
What's New in PHP 8.0.0
PHP 8.0.0 has come with many new features and performance improvements, meaning you may have to change the old code to run in the new version.
- Named Arguments.
- Constructor Property Promotion.
- Union Types.
- Match Expressions.
- Nullsafe Operator.
- Saner string to number comparisons.
- Consistent type errors for internal functions.
- Just-In-Time compilation.
- Type system and error handling improvements.
- Other syntax tweaks and improvements.
- New Classes, Interfaces, and Functions.
The PHP 8.0 Announcement Addendum page contains more detailed information about the updates and new features of the PHP 8.0.0 release.