There is no inadequacy of Cloud Computing technology-based services of users are financially ready. Also we all love the free stuffs which cloud provide users are often useful than paid ones. Cloud is considered as the most cheapest, faster and easy-to-use technology and is undoubtedly considered as the rescuer for almost every business these days. With the constantly increasing cost of data storage solutions, it's getting tough for the business holders of small as well as large-scale enterprises to invest. In cases like this, the cloud technology seems to be the most feasible solution.
Before investing the money for Cloud computing & deploying cloud applications users must necessarily consider the requirements, strategically plan them for business needs.
Users must consider the below-listed issues:
- Client accessing facility
- Budget requirement
- Type of deployment - private, public, community or hybrid
- Privacy and Data security
- Data backup requirement
- Data export requirement
- Requirement of training
So, it is must form a mindset with strategies to meet all of these requirements and how to make use of them fruitfully. So let's discuss the different planning phases of cloud that must be practiced by an enterprise before making their hands dirty by opting the cloud technology.
The three main phases are:
- Strategy Phase
- Planning Phase
- Deployment Phase
Here, users discuss about the problems that customers might encounter.
There are two steps of examining this phase:
- Value proposition of Cloud technology: It involves IT management simplifications, maintaining cost reduction, low-cost outsourcing, high QoS (quality of service) outsourcing & innovation in the business model.
- Strategy planning of Cloud technology: Based on analysis of value proposition, the strategy is established; and the strategy documentation is made according to the problems the customer might encounter while using cloud technology.
Here the problem analysis & risk analysis for switching to cloud technology is checked to ensure whether the customer is satisfied in meeting their business goals or not.
The steps for planning are:
- Development of Business Architecture
- Development of IT Architecture
- QOS development requirement
- Development of Transformation plan
Deployment Phase pivots its strategies based on the above two phases of planning and involves the following steps:
- Selecting appropriate providers of Cloud: This selection is made based on SLA (Service Level Agreement), which defines the level of service the cloud-provider will provide.
- Maintaining the Technical Service: The provider must ensure the proper maintenance of services by providing the best Quality of Service to their users.
Factors to Be Consider Before Investing in Cloud
Many IT firms and companies want to revolutionize their infrastructure & technology; Cloud computing became a boon for them. It is undeniable that cloud technology changed the modern scenario of technology, but it is also a truth that there are certain concerns (such as: security, fast internet connection etc) that shows its drawbacks. So as users who will invest their money on cloud technology, they have to consider every aspect thoroughly.
The factors are:
- Availability: As soon as all your business-critical data get stored in the cloud storage, it becomes essential to check whether the data is available or not, whether the data is secured or there are loopholes that might become the reason of the downfall of an organization's business. Therefore, as a user you should stay focus & check this aspect with the service provider before signing the deal.
- Compliance: Even though it seems that all data gets stored in the cloud storage, but data resides on multiple servers; these servers are located in different nations of the globe. Though it has an advantage for data availability, users must concern about the legality issue; the issue in the sense - users need to check whether there will be any discrimination or restriction for a particular type of data to store beyond national boundaries.
- Compatibility: Users must check the compatibility of IT infrastructure of his/her organization before investing money in Cloud. Though cloud technology is providing users with the optimum possible benefits, as a vendor users must also harvest and extract the maximum usage of cloud. Moreover, it has to keep in mind that the employees of the organization must cope-up with the infrastructure of the cloud technology.
- Monitoring: As you put your data on cloud storage, the cloud service provider takes the responsibility and control of your data. For this reason, monitoring becomes an issue. Since complete monitoring of data is possible, so users should make sure that proper monitoring of data is allowed by the providers based on user requirement.
Strategy Life Cycle
The cloud technology adaptation strategy includes the following:
- Planning for utilizing cloud technology
- Capabilities of an enterprise
- Target architecture require
- Transition planning & gap analysis
- Planning to implement cloud
- Governance & significance of SOA (Service-Oriented Architecture)