Private Cloud also termed as 'Internal Cloud'; which allows the accessibility of systems and services within a specific boundary or organization. The cloud platform is implemented in a cloud-based secure environment that is guarded by advanced firewalls under the surveillance of the IT department that belongs to a particular organization. Private clouds permit only authorized users, providing the organizations greater control over data and its security. Business organizations that have dynamic, critical, secured, management demand based requirement should adopt Private Cloud.
The advantages of using private cloud are:
- Highly private and secured: Private cloud resource sharing is highly secured.
- Control Oriented: Private clouds provide more control over its resources than public cloud as it can be accessed within the organization's boundary.
The Private cloud has the following disadvantages:
- Poor scalability: Private type of clouds is scaled within internal limited hosted resources.
- Costly: As it provides secured and more features, so it's more expensive than a public cloud.
- Pricing: is inflexible; i.e., purchasing new hardware for up-gradation is more costly.
- Restriction: It can be accessed locally within an organization and is difficult to expose globally.