This PHP Media Gallery tutorial offers an open-source, free PHP script to upload and display photographs and YouTube videos easily. Follow this tutorial to create a simple yet effective PHP media gallery using a MySQL database.
Why Add a Media Gallery?
Integrating a media gallery boosts your website's user engagement. It organizes your visual assets, such as images and videos, making them easily accessible and manageable for users.
- Simple Code Structure: Navigate and modify the code effortlessly.
- Versatile Image Support: Upload jpg, png, and webp files without a hitch.
- YouTube Video Integration: Simply use the YouTube URL for seamless video uploads.
- Customizable Gallery Types: Opt for a photo gallery, a video gallery, or both.
- Real-Time Upload Tracking: A progress bar displays the upload percentage.
- Quick Media Renaming: Change uploaded media titles on the fly.
- Smart Image Orientation: Your images always appear in their best view.
- Fully Responsive: Built with Bootstrap for adaptive and attractive designs.
- Engaging Visuals: Features jQuery image viewer and slideshow.
- PHP: The server-side scripting language is the backbone, managing file uploads and thumbnail creation.
- Bootstrap: Guarantees a responsive and visually appealing design.
- jQuery Form Plugin: Facilitates HTML form submissions and progress bar displays.
- jQuery Photobox Plugin: Elevates your gallery with advanced image viewing and slideshows.