Since WordPress allows its users to interact with its readers easily, there should have to be a way that one creator or user can get to know about the reviews of contents, articles, and blogs or get to know about the feedback from your readers and proceed accordingly. This communication and understandability are made possible with the help of Comments on WordPress. In this tutorial, you will learn about the concept of Comments and how to use them.
What Are Comments in WordPress?
Comments are a unique feature that allows WordPress users to interact with different bloggers of the same project or with the team. The primary intention of using Comments is to get to know what your readers or viewers are looking for, and they can also provide feedback through this feature of WordPress. Through this, you can also get to know what other things you can do for your readers. There is also an option for activating and deactivating the comment box. By default, the comments boxes are kept enabled.
Enabling and Disabling Comments in WordPress
Adding comments in WordPress allows the visitors to have a conversation or provide feedback that makes a comment visible once approved by the admin. Here are the necessary steps that can be followed to add comments to your blog posts.
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- Now navigate to the "Pages" menu > "All Pages".
- Choose any page from the Page screen list and click to open it.
- Now, from the top right corner, you will see a "Screen Options" drop-down.
- From there, tick the checkbox for Discussion and Comments
- This will allow you to view the discussion and Comment box at the bottom of your page.
There is another way to enable the comment box.
- Go to your dashboard > Settings.
- From the Settings menu, choose Discussion.
- Now you will see a Discussion settings screen.
- You can choose "Allow people to post comments on new articles".
Using the above two steps, if you un-tick or remove the tick from the checkbox, your comment option will get disabled automatically. Furthermore, there is another option by the name "Allow trackbacks and pingbacks on this page". It allows the viewers to ping and trackback their viewers' actions.
Editing Comments in WordPress
Editing comments is possible only from the administrator's end. Here is a list of steps that you have to follow to edit a comment in WordPress:
- From the dashboard of WordPress, navigate to the Comments menu.
- There you will see a list of comments from all the various pages of your site.
- Select any comment you wish to edit. There you will see the Edit option/link.
- Once you click that, the Edit comment page will show up on your screen.
- You can edit the comment from here and click on Update Button.
You can change or modify the name, e-mail address, URL, or comment from the comment box.
Moderation of Comments in WordPress
Moderation of Comments is the technique where when readers comment on the posts; the comments do not get published and seek the admin's approval. It deals with comment management, which restricts the spamming of comments.